This has been an amazing year for us… filled with so much change, transition, miracles witnessed, faith stretched, new friendships, “old” friendships in new ways…
We look back on 2012 with utter awe at all that God has done.
One year ago, at this very moment, we were still in the house we own, preparing to get ride of everything material possible, and standing on the brink of so much unknown. We would move two more times, spend a month on the road, and then move across the world.
This last year
- God has once again made the impossible, possible and funded our ministry in Germany. We didn’t do it. He did. And His people.
- We’ve moved across the world to Germany in order to partner with Black Forest Academy, TeachBeyond, to meet and love on Germans and local missionaries, and give our children the experience of their lives.
- We ended jobs we loved in anticipation of new jobs in Germany.
- We moved twice and spent a month on the road.
- We took and completed the course Perspectives on World Christian Movement.
- Jeremy graduated with his Masters in Education.
- We visited and shared about our move to BFA in over sixty places… homes, sunday school classrooms, life groups, in our own home over meals shared.
- We began a second “freecycle” group on Facebook… this time for our community in Kandern, Germany. Together, there are around 700 people utilizing the two groups we set up.
- Did we mention moving across the world? Selling just about everything we own, living in furnished places, traveling to any place that would have us share about the vision of BFA… helping kids transition to a new life, new language, new culture… while trying to do the same myself?
- We were interviewed twice with KGED 1680 on the topic of Foster Care and Adoption… both of which continue to get replayed on the radio.
- We’ve shared meals with over twenty of the families we’ve come to know (in the four months we’ve been here).
- Marcy accepted the position of “Counselor” with TeachBeyond for local missionaries wanting mental health services.
- Marcy has joined a worship band at our new local church, Black Forest Christian Fellowship.
- We have entered language study… using classes, Rosetta Stone, and language partners.
This is just a handful of all the ways our lives have been impacted this last year. And not just our lives, but everyone who has joined us in prayer, finances, and encouragement. We are so excited about 2013 and all that God has in store for us, for our community in Fresno and around the U.S. and our new community here in Germany!
Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.